Signature Sim
Please Log In or Sign Up to unlock certain features.
You know you want to.
Signature Sim
Please Log In or Sign Up to unlock certain features.
You know you want to.
Signature Sim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sims 3 Creative Forum

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Want to be apart of Signature Sim?
SIGNATURE SIM IS LOOKING FOR STAFF

Positions available:
  • WCIF Manager
  • Tech Support
  • Tutorial Expert

Interested? Click here.

Latest topics
» Hi everyone
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:41 pm by butterflyprincess84

» Top 10 Best Sims 3 Sliders (+ HOW TO INSTALL!)
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:47 pm by yossjagger

» Herro! I'm new (:
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:54 am by Saito

» Ello everyone!
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:28 pm by QuizicalGin

» Hello everyone!
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:38 pm by QuizicalGin

» hi everyone
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:14 am by angie2279

» Jillie in da house :3
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 am by Peachcrumbs

» ~ Whisk's Tutorial's ~ Hair Drawing in GIMP ~
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 am by j i l l i e<3

» Harro, its a Horsey!
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 am by j i l l i e<3

Most active topics
Harro, its a Horsey!
Hi :) I'm Chloe
Heya, I'm Elizriel (or Adalais)
Hello everyone!
The Admin's Introduction
Little Newbie Cathie
All about hipstersimsx!
Erin here!
Basic Editing and Adding Backgrounds in Photoshop
Weird Sim Flesh/Skin Morph...
Most Viewed Topics
Top 10 Best Sims 3 Sliders (+ HOW TO INSTALL!)
The license limit for this product has been reached.
Selfie Minaj Poses - peachcrumbs
~ Whisk's Tutorial's ~ Hair Drawing in GIMP ~
peachcrumbs - Friends Laugh Pose Pack
The License limit for this product has been reached...
All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names
peachcrumbs - First tattoo pack
Info: Posting your content
Jillie in da house :3
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 205 on Fri May 28, 2021 12:55 pm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peachcrumbs
Administrator
Administrator
Peachcrumbs

All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Empty
PostSubject: All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names   All sliders in Create-A-Sim won't work + Can't give sims names Clock10Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:05 am

So I've had this problem, I had it for a long time and finally got sick of it and looked up how to fix it. I've seen some people post about this and I've decided to write a tutorial on how to fix it. So here we go.

The Problem
- Can't give sims names
- Sliders don't work
(these are all caused by the same thing)

Why is this happening?
There is only one reason - you've downloaded a hack/mod that lets you view more skins on the Sims 3. You no longer need the hack because of a patch that gives you that ability. So you need to take the hack out.

Where can I find the hack? I don't know what its called?
I had the same problem. Look for these file names in your packages folder:
1) Anach_CASSkins6x4
2) A file with heaps of numbers and etc that you have no idea what is (READ 'DELPHYS DASHBOARD TOOL' TO FIND OUT WHICH FILE IS THE FAULTY ONE

Anach's mod is a mod that let you see more than 6 skins in CAS, but it's no longer needed because of a patch update so it's safe to take it out - you will still be able to see more skins if you hover over the skin selection box and scroll.

Delphy's Dashboard Tool
This tool is a LIFE SAVER. I use it every time I download something, and it really does help. Basically what it does is it detects what CC in your game is causing problems and it gives you the option to remove it. It also lets you see if you have duplicates of the same file so you can get rid of one, and save space. What you do now, is you download the tool from here, unzip it, run it (you have to run it as administrator) and do the following:

1)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2)

3)

File>Scan folder then locate your sims 3 packages folder. It will then load the files, and then it will show you if you have any problems and what the problem is. Then just delete it.

I recommend you do this every time you download something. What I've done is I created a 'TEST ON DASHBOARD' folder in my downloads folder, and when I download something I move it in there and then get Dashboard to scan it. Once it's done, I put it in my packages folder. It's really fast, simple and easy. Well I hope I was able to help you, If this tutorial helped you then please share it on tumblr or your blog, and spread the word about the tutorial so people can fix their problems.

You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://peach-crumbs.tumblr.com/

Page 1 of 1